Sunday, March 11, 2012

To Theme, or Not Really to Theme?

When I first started planning this here party we're havin, I had to nail down our vision.  I would love, love, LOVE to not have one or to just go with the flow, but my ideas get too wild and unconstrained.  I want to do all the wedding things!  At the same time, I didn't want anything super obvious.  I think some themes are way fun, like carnival:
images via Unpredictable Bride
Or Alice In Wonderland:

images via A Perfect Celebration
But no hard-n-fast theme really appealed to us.  As we pulled together our ideas and my Pinterest board grew, we noticed trends...fall colors, rustic touches, Asian influences and lots of paper lanterns and candles...and that became our psuedo-theme.  I call it "Glowy Japanese Garden."
from stylemepretty.com

from etsy.com

from google.com

from google.com
from  http://blog.weddingwire.com/index.php/weddings/tahiti-orange-gray-wedding-inspiration/   
from the Wedding Bee Boards
  What do you think?  Do you have a theme or just a color pallette, or something hybrid like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment