Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saving the Date, Complete

So my beautiful designer friend Chris came back with round two of our STDs on February 20th.  They looked like this:
Round two!  All photos/screen captures personal.
Jason and I liked them, but took a few days to let them settle.  During that, I figured out that I wanted entire words to be in the same font, but different fonts for each word.  So I sent her this:

She had an exercise to do at work, which means that we just now got back together on Skype and came up with this:
Ta-da!!!

We ended up taking the green border off the backside, and a few other small things.  Chris was going to take them to a print shop in Korea, but didn't like the paper selection.  So she ordered cardstock from Cut Card Stock and decided to print them herself.  I ordered printed ribbon for the "fortune" part, and kraft envelopes to send them out in.  On a rainy day, I attacked this box of goodies:


and started assembling them!


A little 3D element


deciding how to use the ribbon




And stamped the envelopes...

We ran into an issue with our printer, so it took quite awhile to get the front printed, but I was SUPER happy with the results, thanks to fontspace and Beau's computer-savvy-ness.

And finally, theme-appropriate stamps I ordered:
FINALLY!  Ready to fly.

They're supersimple, but I'm happy with the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment