Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Air Force Blues

Beau and I have been discussing what we'll include in our ceremony for practically a year now.  One of the things we just don't agree on is including the Air Force uniform and traditions into it.  Let's take a look at what it would look like for us:
image via The Knot.  Jason's uniform would look almost exactly like this.

image via southerncalweddings.com
It looks all manly and wonderful...but his groomsmen wouldn't all be in uniform, and I have a MAJOR issue with the last part of this tradition...usually after that kiss at the end, the wife gets a firm smack on the ass with a saber and a "Welcome to the Air Force, ma'am."  You can't tell right now, but I'm rolling my eyes.  I consider this something for the newbies...the wives who loooooove that they got a man in uniform (as they should!), not the 8 year veteran (that's counting the years I was in, plus the last few months as a spouse).  Plus, I feel like there's just no way I'd love the pictures as much as I would if Jason's dressed in something I don't get to see him in much.  Like this:
image via A Paper Proposal

See the grey suits with vests?  I heart vests!  He would look so handsome in a vest!
I would like to just ignore the AF during our wedding...they invade the rest of my life as is.  Don't get me wrong...it's done great things for both me and Jason (we wouldn't have met without the USAF!), but it is your LIFE, not just a job.  Jason likes the idea of including the uniform and a saber arch, but more for his family than anything else.  He's brought it up a couple of times, and got a resounding NO! each time.  I feel a little bad, but just can't convince myself to include any of it!  

What have you and your fiance disagreed about?  How did you resolve it and/or compromise?    

No comments:

Post a Comment