Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Planner

I told you the story of us was long!  So before I blab about us more, I want to tell you about my wedding planner.  You see, I didn't want to get a planner at first...I can do this all myself, right?  I could, but there's at least two reasons I'd have a really hard time:
1.  I live in Japan.  It's difficult to get my hands on any wedding-type items.
2.  I'm not from Wisconsin, nor do I know anyone who recently got married there.
Jason's parents are great and have already gone to check out a venue for us, but there's only so much they can (and should) do.  We are planning trips to the States, but not until late spring or early summer. So a couple of weeks ago, I turned to Beau and told him I think we should hire a planner, even though it will be a few dollars extra.  Especially because of their ability to recommend and get discounts from vendors...reading other bride's stories about last minute vendor issues gave me a mild panic attack. Surprisingly, he agreed...I think it's because he can't help out a ton (his job is usually just flat out nuts).  So I started researching in earnest.  I contacted one guy, but never got a response.  Eh.  He was probably out of my price range anyways.  The second planner I found on Wedding Wire, and she had 10 stellar reviews.  She answered my e-mails almost immediately, and about a week after I contacted her, she called us on Skype.  We got along SO WELL.  She answered, seriously, any question we were planning on asking her before we asked it.  She understood my crazy mismash of a vision.  And, she's so personable, she seems like someone I'd want to hang out with if I lived in Milwaukee!  That sealed the deal for me.  Her name's Amanda, and she's awesome.
via Tailored Engagements

Did you use a wedding planner?  How did you choose your coordinator?

No comments:

Post a Comment