Monday, May 14, 2012

The Dress I Do Want

Once I got down all my Do Not Wants, it was easier to focus on what I did want.

1.  Fit-and-flare or trumpet shape
2.  SOME lace
3.  Whispy, textured-y layers
4.  PLEATS
5.  Covered buttons up the back

FAIR WARNING BEAU...You don't want to see my dress pre-wedding, so you probably shouldn't read any more of this!!!

There are many, many dresses that don't fit that description that I'd still love to wear.  There were a few that did fit most of the criteria, and were close calls...
Justin Alexander

Lazaro

Alma Novia
  But these didn't fit exactly what I wanted, nor were they going to be easy to get a hold on.  Furthermore, these were just the dresses I was checking out in case there was something better than the one I found a long time ago.  This is one dress, of an affordable and easy to order nature, that fit all of my wants:

White by Vera Wang
I spied this beauty online as soon as Vera launched the White line.  To be honest, I was a little put of that it was selling out of David's Bridal just because where I'm from, that's where practically everyone goes for their wedding dresses.  BUT, it is Vera.  I love her Kohl's line, and I figure the wedding dress line is just as spectacular.  I don't really have to worry about any of my friends wearing something similar, because most all of them have been married for a few years already.  Plus, it was on sale, so it ran me just over $1000, $200 under budget.  Hopefully, it'll make it over here in 2-3 weeks...I can't wait!

How did you find your dress?  Did you have to convince yourself that it was the ONE without trying it on?


No comments:

Post a Comment