Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finding the Dress...From Japan

I wasn't able to make it back to the States in April like I was hoping.  Well...scratch that...I could have, but I didn't want to pay the $1500 for what might've been a very short trip.  Anyways, I wanted to go to see Beau, but also to go try on dresses!  A question I get a lot now is "Isn't there a store you can try on dresses there?"

Well...sortakindanotreally...


Yes, that says "Braidal" and "Happy Wedding"

Really with the bows???  And sorry for the fog...crazy rainy tonight.




No kidding, this is one of our driving landmarks (no street names here), and we call it the Ugly Dress Store.  There are other stores with wedding-style dresses in town, but from what I've gathered, none from any American designers.  And I don't even want to ask how much these dresses run!

The other style of wedding dress popular here is the wedding kimono, usually worn in shrine ceremonies.

All photos are mine!
Three things about these:
1.  That head covering?  It's to "hide the bride's horns of jealousy."  Yeah...
2.  They're commonly rented because they are so dang expensive.
3.  That can't be comfortable!

So, in the last few days, I've given up my dreams of going to a dress salon, sipping champagne, and crying/jumping up and down when I find the dress of my dreams.  Right now, a trip home just isn't going to happen, unfortunately.  Sad!  But it means I get to exercise my online shopping muscles (which are crazy strong living so far from 'Merica!).  I got my measurements taken today, and am starting the search for real tonight!

Who else was too far from home to buy their dress the traditional way?  Did you have a good online experience?


No comments:

Post a Comment