Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back Where It Belongs

This is one of those posts that probably borders on TMI, but I promise it's wedding related!  First a picture of one of my favorite events, but also something that triggered this concern for me:
Photo courtesy of K.Z. Wentzel Photography

It is FINALLY springtime in Northern Japan...which means it's Hanami time!  This is basically a time to cook out, have a beverage, and enjoy the sakura (cherry) blossoms while they last.  It really is magic time of year!  And with that comes the ability to wear short sleeves, and for everyone but me, tank tops.  But I have this goin on:

Personal Photo

Yup, bacne.  Gross.  Aren't I 30?  Can't I be done with this?  Apparently not.  Oh back...you do not belong back (ha) in my teenage years.  It's something I've had problems with on and off for years, but this bout has definitely been worse.  It has lasted through a couple of months and is cystic-y and ouchy.  I've been using prescription meds (clindomyacin phosphate and Differin gel).  It's gotten better, but I'm pale.  Pale, pale, pale.  It took me years to embrace my paleness, but I've even considered tanning lately to get rid of the zits and red spots.   In an effort not to do this, I picked some of this up today:
Personal Photo
I don't know exactly which dress I'm getting yet (that's a whole other post), but I'm guessing it'll most likely be strapless, and I really, REALLY don't want to be scared to show off my back at my own wedding.  Even  my hair won't hide this.  I've got 6 months to get it fixed, so wish me luck...

Did anyone have major breakout problems before your wedding?  Anything like this?  How did you fix it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment